Excel - how can I practice formulas on financial questions?

  1. #1
    flamingformulas
    Guest

    Excel - how can I practice formulas on financial questions?

    Having just taken and failed my Excel exam, I need help to practice doing
    financial questions - as in how much percentage increase between one figure
    and another etc?

    I had used an Excel practice test at my class and thought I was doing great
    - HA! but in the exam I was completely thrown by a few questions on increased
    percentage rate. Are there any on line trial questions to get me familiar
    with this sort of thing?

    All help greatly received.

  2. #2

    Sorry I don't know of any maybe someone else will however

    One of your best resources may be your teacher. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

  3. #3
    flamingformulas
    Guest

    Re: Excel - how can I practice formulas on financial questions?

    Now that my course has finished, I feel I am on my own, he is now teaching
    another group. The practice test I'd been using only concentrated on the PMT
    function etc and I was totally lost at the exam when I just didn't know where
    to begin to answer the question on percentage increase etc - time being of
    the essence - I had to skip the question and ran out of time to go back and
    look at it closely. There were 3/4 questions in the same vein and I just
    skipped the lot rather than waste time - no small wonder I failed eh? I have
    discovered some Microsoft Excel training on line and am currently going
    through that.

    Thanks for the reply

  4. #4
    Carole Drake
    Guest

    Re: Excel - how can I practice formulas on financial questions?

    Where are you finding the training online?
    Carole

  5. #5
    flamingformulas
    Guest

    Re: Excel - how can I practice formulas on financial questions?

    http://office.microsoft.com/training...RP061079491033

    Sorry to be so long in replying, I didn't know your question was there.

    Have a look at the above site - there are others along the same line so
    browse through.