Titles

  1. #1
    Troy
    Guest

    Titles

    I have a list of people in my department in column 'A'. In column 'B' I have
    their job titles. I want to be able to list specific job titles on different
    sheets. For example :
    John Smith Line Tech
    John Doe Line Tech
    Jane Doe Computer Analyst
    Amy Smith Computer Tech
    Stephanie Low Line Tech

    How can I make excel list only the Line Techs on a different sheet?

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Titles

    You can use a filter, then copy the results to a new sheet. Be sure to
    select visible cells only once all you see is the Line Tech's.

    Bob Umlas

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Troy
    Guest

    Re: Titles

    Ya, I could do it that way but I wanted to select the different sheet from
    the tabs on the bottom and on this different sheet show only the titles
    listed on the tab. Which would be 'Line Tec', 'Computer Analyust', etc. I
    have tried VLOOKUP but it doesn't quite do what I am looking for. I'm sure
    there is a way but I don't know how.

  4. #4
    Shailesh Shah
    Guest

    Re: Titles

    Hi Troy,

    In case you want utility, you can download "Workbook Navigation" add-ins
    from the add-ins page of below site.
    http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

    You should also give your database range name as "Database".
    1.Select the cell value to extract the records (in your case 'Line Tec') .
    2.Load the addins dialogbox from the addins toolbar (top one). (See the
    Dialogbox Image in the website)
    3.Right click on the Data Entry button, Select option Extract selected
    records of .<name>... .
    This will extract records to a new sheet named with the selected cell
    value.

    Any problem e-mail me.

    Regards,
    Shailesh Shah
    http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
    (Excel Add-ins Page)

  5. #5

    Re: Titles

    Just some more suggestions.

    Only update the one master worksheet list. And refresh the other sheets
    whenever you want. It'll make life much simpler than trying to keep stuff in
    sync.

    And Ron de Bruin has an addin that you may want to try, too:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm