Time formula

  1. #1
    SallyGirl
    Guest

    Time formula

    I am trying to create a formula where it automatically calucates an estimated
    completion time. Where my cell adds the 1.68 to the 5:30 to product the time
    7:38. Since time is in minutes and the 1.68 would = 1 hour 68 minutes.

    Time 5:30am
    Hours worked 1.68

    Estimated completion time

    Any Suggestion??? Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Time formula

    Hi Sally,

    1.68 is NOT 1 hour 68 minutes it is 1 day 16 hours 19 minutes
    you must use a colon not a period. Time is measure as fraction of a day.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm

    use the correct Excel syntax and you will have a working formula.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    SallyGirl
    Guest

    RE: Time formula

    The 1.68 is the value from another formula of time worked.

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Time formula

    if 1.68 is hours then divide by 24 to get Excel time and add the two format as excel time

    --
    ---

  5. #5
    SallyGirl,