query multiple excel files

  1. #1

    query multiple excel files

    Im trying to exctract information from three different excel documents. I want to query the three documents based on e.g a field called "company name" and gather info in a fourth document where "company name" is present in all three documents. Is there any way of doing this, or do I have to do it manually? Or is it possible to merge documents using parameters to select relevant information? Quite new to this. Know you it would be better to use a database to do this but do not have access to one.

  2. #2
    Marvin P. Winterbottom
    Guest

    RE: query multiple excel files

    you can reference cells in other files using this format:

    =[filename.xls]sheetname!A1

    that is cell A1 in the other file.