In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet

  1. #1
    Stan
    Guest

    In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet

    In EXCEL I want to copy a sheet layout and put it in a new sheet. I have
    data results which I want to put in sheets for each month of the year, but I
    don't want to re-copy all the headings and row names for each month. I am
    sure there is a way, but can't find it in the HELP. Thanks for any
    suggestions you may have. Stan.......

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet

    "Stan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In EXCEL I want to copy a sheet layout and put it in a new sheet. I have
    > data results which I want to put in sheets for each month of the year, but
    > don't want to re-copy all the headings and row names for each month. I am
    > sure there is a way, but can't find it in the HELP. Thanks for any
    > suggestions you may have. Stan.......

    Right click the tab at the bottom of the sheet, then click Move or Copy.
    Now, smile when you see how easy it is. You can copy the sheet into the same
    workbook (and it'll increment its own name), or into a different workbook.

  3. #3
    Pete
    Guest

    Re: In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet

    If you CTRL-drag the sheet tab along the bottom of the sheet, you will
    be able to copy the sheet in its entirety (i.e. including all
    formatting, column widths etc) - a small black arrow will indicate
    where the new sheet will be inserted. Once you have done this, it is
    relatively easy to delete any data etc and rename the sheet .

    Hope this helps.

    Pete