Loosing correct hyperlnk location after sorting spreadsheet data

  1. #1
    LostnSpace
    Guest

    Loosing correct hyperlnk location after sorting spreadsheet data

    I have 2 tabs (Sheet1 and Sheet2) within a spreadsheet and have created a
    hyperlink within Sheet1 to Sheet2!D3. When I sort the data within Sheet2 the
    hyperlink in sheet1 is still pointing to Sheet2!D3 even though the sort moved
    the data to cell D5. The same problem occurs when I manually change the row
    location within Sheet2. Why isn't the hyperlink retaining the new location
    after the sort or manual cut/paste of a row?

  2. #2
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: Loosing correct hyperlnk location after sorting spreadsheet data

    It doesn't work with sort. However, if you NAME the cell you are
    pointing to and in your hyperlink choose "defined names" and the name
    you specified, it will at least take care of manual movements.

    Hans

  3. #3
    LostnSpace
    Guest

    Re: Loosing correct hyperlnk location after sorting spreadsheet da

    Naming the cell and using the defined name as the hyperlink does handle the
    ability to change row location using a cut & paste. I was hoping identify a
    solution where I could use a sort function.

    Thanks much for your reply.