Importing historical adjusted stock prices?

  1. #1
    Schultz
    Guest

    Importing historical adjusted stock prices?

    I would like to put a list of stock ticker in excel and have excel import
    not only the day's closing price for those tickers, but also the adjusted
    closing price of a certain date from the past.

    Does anyone know how to do this or where I could go to look for this?

    Seems like a long time ago I remember a yahoo group that was involved in
    this sort of thing.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bucky
    Guest

    Re: Importing historical adjusted stock prices?

    Schultz wrote:
    > I would like to put a list of stock ticker in excel and have excel import
    > not only the day's closing price for those tickers, but also the adjusted
    > closing price of a certain date from the past.

    I don't know how to do it automatically, but finance.yahoo.com has
    historical adjusted prices in CSV format. That should get you started
    in the right direction.

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Importing historical adjusted stock prices?

    goto the yahoo group xltraders

    and look for free files with my name donaldb36 as the author. It's there.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    "Bucky" wrote:
    > I don't know how to do it automatically, but finance.yahoo.com
    > has historical adjusted prices in CSV format.

    Beware of using Yahoo adjusted close figures. Yahoo
    incorporates dividends into the adjustment. For example,
    see HPQ 21-Dec-05 and 22-Dec-05. That might be useful for
    determining historical yield, but it is not appropriate (IMHO)
    for determining historical price movements (historical
    average and volatility).