calculated fields pivot table - i am lost

  1. #1
    MD
    Guest

    calculated fields pivot table - i am lost

    the problem is the following:

    i am having data records in a table with a name column, value columns, etc.
    creation of pivot table works fine - sums are shown. No i would like to
    insert a calculated field - calculating a sum of values from two different
    columns - works fine but the subtotal/grandtotal figure below the new column
    is not the sum, but a product as well.

    Is there any way to get a sum instead for the subtotal/grandtotal of the
    calculated column? Is there any other way to provide the same results?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: calculated fields pivot table - i am lost

    Hi

    The Grand Total filed will use exactly the same logic as you applied to
    the calculated field. It will not sum the values of the column
    containing the calculated field results.
    I think you will need to insert another column in your source data, to
    carry out the calculation, then drag this new column as a filed into
    your data area, and delete the PT calculated field.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:%23xNG5y%[email protected]...