Can i "series fill" a number of cells with hyperlinks?

  1. #1
    Matt
    Guest

    Can i "series fill" a number of cells with hyperlinks?

    I've got a spreadsheet listing details of reports, which are named
    sequentially. e.g. report_01, report_02 etc.

    The files are named similarly, and i'd like the doucment names to link to
    the files

    So what i'd like to do is "series fill" the hyperlinks. i.e. if i link
    report_01 to the location of "report_01.doc", then the other cells can be
    filled in automaticlly just changing the last 2 characters of the filename.

    Is there a way to do this, or to set up a formula which correlates the link
    location to a string in a cell, adding relevant bits (i.e. c:/folder/ and
    ..doc)

    many thanks for any replies.

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Guest

    RE: Can i "series fill" a number of cells with hyperlinks?

    Hi, I'm not an expert but maybe something like:

    =HYPERLINK(INDIRECT("A1")&TEXT(ROW(1:1),"00")&".DOC",INDIRECT("A1")&TEXT(ROW(1:1),"00")&".DOC")
    copy down
    use A1 to enter the relevant information

    HTH
    JG