I don't know whether there's a limit on the number of columns of input...
but the resulting table has to fit in the 256-column limit of any Excel
sheet. If you've got 16 columns of input, presumable with varying
combinations, you're likely to hit that hard ceiling. If you don't have a
lot of different combinations that are actually used in the data, it may help
a bit to not put subtotals on the table rows, but that's not likely to make a
huge difference.