find a specific value in a column and write another column

  1. #1
    MUSTANG
    Guest

    find a specific value in a column and write another column

    I have a difficulty about obtaining following:

    Existing situation:
    column1 column2
    row1 A1 PNT1
    row2 A4 PNT5
    row3 A2 PNT12
    row4 A3 PNT8

    Converted condition:

    A1 A2
    PNT1 PNT12
    A3 A4
    PNT8 PNT5
    WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THAT?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: find a specific value in a column and write another column

    I would probably check into using Mail merge to get it into your desired
    layout.

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: find a specific value in a column and write another column

    If that is a fixed pattern do this:

    Your data in A1:B4
    In C1 enter; =A1
    in D1 enter: =A2
    in C2 enter: =B1
    in D2 enter: =B2

    select C1:D2
    move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of D2 where it becomes
    a little black cross,
    left click the little cross, hold and drag down as required.

    That should give you this:

    A1 PNT1 A1 A4
    A4 PNT5 PNT1 PNT5
    A2 PNT12 A2 A3