Formatting cells, Need help solving a problem with excel

  1. #1
    Jonnie Z
    Guest

    Formatting cells, Need help solving a problem with excel

    I am currently using MS Office 2003. When I try and change the formatting of
    cells it will not let me change to what I want. It does this in existing
    wookbooks and new ones. It seems to want to divide the numeric value I type
    by 10. The sheet is not protected and I have rebooted my machine. I have
    tried changing individual cells and the whole sheet with no luck. I logged
    out of my networked machine and had someone else log in and try it and they
    did not have the problem, so the problem seems to be specific with my login
    profile. Is anyone aware of a template that Excel might be opening and
    pulling formatting from. Any help with this would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Formatting cells, Need help solving a problem with excel

    Try:

    Tools > Options > Edit and uncheck "Fixed decmal"

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...