Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Agenda Time Formula

  1. #1
    accessnewbie
    Guest

    Agenda Time Formula

    I'm trying to create a meeting agenda in excel
    In column 1 I have 8:30Am and in column 2 I would like to add :30 (the
    length of the presentation)

    In the next row I'd like it to add that 30 minutes and start at 9:00am and
    then each time the length of a presentation is added it updates the start
    time for the next agenda item.

    How the heck do I do that? I feel like I've tried everything and can't get
    it!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    If column A has the start time and column B has the length of presentation
    (in minutes) then in A2 put

    =A1 + TIME(0,B1,0)

    and copy down as needed. Note this will only work properly when the length
    is in minutes.

    You can also do this:

    A1 has the initial time B1 has the duration input as H:MM
    than in B2 put = A1+B2 and format as desired.
    Last edited by mphell0; 02-06-2006 at 10:49 AM.

  3. #3
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: Agenda Time Formula

    Format both columns as time and enter 0:30 in B1, not :30. Typing :30
    produces a #value error in A2 when adding B1 to A1.

    Hans

  4. #4
    accessnewbie
    Guest

    Re: Agenda Time Formula

    Its not working. A2 keeps saying 8:30 even though A1 is 8:30 and B1 I typed
    in 0:30. What's way to format B?

    When I click it on it says 12:30Am even though I typed in 0:30

  5. #5
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Agenda Time Formula

    Custom format Column A to:
    h:mm AM/PM

    And Column B to:
    h:mm

    Then, in A2 enter:
    =A1+B1
    And copy down as needed.

    Now, enter your time in A1 as a *true* XL recognized time, using the colon,
    i.e.
    8:30

    In Column B, enter your length as *true* times, using colons *and* leqading
    zeroes where necessary,
    i.e.
    0:45

    Don't worry about the display in the formula bar when you do this.

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    flummi
    Guest

    Re: Agenda Time Formula

    Format columns A and B as time.
    When you format a range as time:

    hilite the range (e.g. an entire column)
    from the main menu select format-->cells
    on the next window select the "general" tab and click"time"
    in the box to the right you will see the various time formats
    click the one you want e.g. 13:30 (it seems that you selected 1:30 PM)

    then type in A1 08:30
    type in B1 0:30

    if you have increments in every B cell, type in A2:

    =A1+B1

    If the increment (0:30) is the same for all cells in the A column, type
    in A2:

    =A1+$B$1

    Copy A2 down as required.

    That should display 9:00 in A2, 9:30.in A3 etc

    Hans

  7. #7
    Mississauga
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Agenda Time Formula

    Hi there,

    So you should have 3 columns for the time
    Column 1 should be for the START time - In the first cell under start you should type for example: 9:00:00 AM
    Column 2 should be for the END time - Here input this formula =IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK(C2),"",A2+C2), "")
    Column 3 Should be the TIME you allocate for that presentation part for example 30 minutes, then under TIME you should enter: 12:30:00 AM
    Once you finish the first row. copy the cells down....and then change the time accordingly if you want 15 minutes then you enter it as 12:15:00 AM....If you want 1 hour then you enter it as 1:00:00 AM etc.

    Good luck!

  8. #8
    Administrator 6StringJazzer's Avatar
    Tysons Corner, VA, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    MS365 Family 64-bit
    Posts
    24,721

    Re: Agenda Time Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadia Atallah View Post
    Hi there,
    Fadia Atallah you are responding to a thread that is 17 years old and marked as SOLVED. Please spend your energy on new, unsolved threads.

    Thread closed.
    Jeff
    | | |會 |會 |會 |會 | |:| | |會 |會
    Read the rules
    Use code tags to [code]enclose your code![/code]

Closed Thread