Merge Multiple Cells

  1. #1
    Carter68
    Guest

    Merge Multiple Cells

    I have a column of multiple numbers and I need to merge the duplicated
    numbers into just one cell. Is there a formula that I can write to tell
    Excel to merge the cells with the same numbers? Here is an example:

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Merge Multiple Cells

    Assume you mean lose the duplicates as opposed to merging.

    If so then try Data / Filter / Advanced Filter, tick 'Copy To another
    location' and choose 'Unique values only'

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Carter68
    Guest

    Re: Merge Multiple Cells

    I am needing to merge the data in Column A but I do not want to merge the
    data in Columns B, Columns C, etc.

    Column A Column B Column C
    105 Sherry Acct #
    105 Sherry Acct #
    105 Sherry Acct #
    110 John Acct #
    110 John
    114 Sue
    118 Bob
    118 Bob
    118 Bob Acct #

    When I am done merging, it should look like this:

    Column A Column B Column C
    105 Sherry Acct #
    Sherry Acct #
    Sherry Acct #