VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

  1. #1

    VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

    HI

    Iエve seen many solutions in the forum to use 2 or more conditions, however either tehy donエt aply to my problem or I canエt understand them. I need to get, for example, the value of col C based on the values of col A and B.

    Can anybody help?

    Is there a way to do it with VBA?

    Thaks

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

    =INDEX(C1:C10,MATCH(1,(A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10="y"),0))

    entered with ctrl + shift & enter

    where x and y are the 2 criteria for A and B

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    "RSantos" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pedro AM
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

    Hi Peo

    I am trying to apply the formula that you showed here but it does not work
    on mine.
    The message, by the way, is that I cant use array formulas in merged cells
    but I have no merged cells at all.do you have any ideas of why?

  4. #4

    Re: VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

    Select the range that contains the formula
    Format|cells|Alignment tab
    Make sure Merge is not checked/or is clear.

  5. #5
    Pedro AM
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

    Dave

    The formula that you told me here has worked out quite well so far for me
    until now. I get a "FALSE" return and I have no idea as to why.

    Is there anything you can think of?
    it has exactly the same setting as all the other cells (around 50 lines over
    5 columns with same formula).

    thanks

  6. #6

    Re: VLOOKUP with 2 conditions

    The thread has aged off (for me).

    It sounds like you're using some sort of =if() function without the final
    condition:

    =if(something,trueportion,falseportion)

    If you don't put something in that false portion, you'll see False.