can I delete the 1st number from a string of numbers

  1. #1
    Jessica
    Guest

    can I delete the 1st number from a string of numbers

    can I delete the 1st number from a string of numbers without adding another
    column for the formula?

  2. #2

    Re: can I delete the 1st number from a string of numbers

    Maybe...

    But what's wrong with using another column of formulas?

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: can I delete the 1st number from a string of numbers

    How about using a formula in a help column, then paste the formula result as
    values over the old values and finally delete the help column. Otherwise it
    requires code

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: can I delete the 1st number from a string of numbers

    Assuming B2 is the Cell of string numbers

    =MID(B2,2,LEN(B2)-1)

    It doesn't delete the 1st number but just gives you the other numbers
    without the 1st number.