recovered documents

  1. #1
    inthestands
    Guest

    recovered documents

    My system will crash on the occasion. I will often have a number of excel
    files open and changed since the last time that I have saved them. After I
    have rebooted, the files that were open will appear in the recovered
    document list, with [orginal] next to each file name. When I right mouse
    click on the file, the options are Open, Save as, and repair. No where does
    it show me the option to open the file as it was when the crash occurred.
    What do I need to do ?
    --
    Thanks in advance,
    inthestands

  2. #2
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: recovered documents

    Your system is not "crashing". Microsoft has included a fail-safe system
    whereby you do something it does not expect, it will try to send a report to
    microsoft HQ.

    Turn off Error Reporting for Applications in the Systems Folder (not too
    sure where it is, look around control Panel).

    Just "Open" the file.

    You may have to save it as something else when you try to save the file.