Copy Formula: How we can drag in a column?

  1. #1
    Renee Nguy
    Guest

    Question Copy Formula: How we can drag in a column?

    If my formula is A1=B1 and A2=B1 and A3=B1, then why can't I drag this
    formula all the way down column A. A column cells keeps picking up the
    corresponding B column cells instead of staying with the value in B1. I also
    turned off the Extend Data Range Formats and Formulas and this didn't work
    either. Please help.
    Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    re: Copy Formula: How we can drag in a column?

    To keep all of them looking at B1, use $B$1
    Or select all the cells, type =B1 and hit Ctrl+Enter.

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    re: Copy Formula: How we can drag in a column?

    If you want B1 to stay B1 when you drag down, type it as $B$1.
    --
    tj