Default file type to open in 2003

  1. #1
    Circe
    Guest

    Can I default to only looking for Excel 2003 files?

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Default file type to open in 2003

    The file type is determined by the file extension, in this "xls" and all
    versions of Excel use this extension. There is no way to determine the
    file's version from its extension.

    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Default file type to open in 2003

    Do you mean to look for files created only in Excel 2003, and
    not, for example, Excel97? If that's your question, the answer is
    no.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson