Historical Stock Prices in Excel

  1. #1

    Historical Stock Prices in Excel

    I am working on some studies and would like to find a way to
    automatically pull stock data into my excel spreadsheet. Basically,
    each sheet would have a list of tickers (10-50 most likely) and a few
    indices. I would be looking for the open and close prices and volume
    for several dates for each ticker on each sheet.

    For instane, one sheet might have 30 tickers and I would want the data
    for 3/15/02 and each month end after that date for all 30 tickers. The
    next sheet would have diferent tickers and dates.

    Is there any way to make this process more automated, like an Excel
    add-in or link to a website?

    Thanks for any help or suggestions.

  2. #2
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    Re: Historical Stock Prices in Excel

    You can pull stock quotes in from a variety of web sites - Yahoo, MSN, etc.
    There is a Yahoo board devoted entirely to using Excel for stock manipulation
    which you can find at:

    Click on Files and you can see VBA code that various people have uploaded to do
    this.

    Bill