Can I get current #row or #column in cell formula?

  1. #1
    ryany
    Guest

    Can I get current #row or #column in cell formula?

    For example, I freeze pane for row 1, and want A1 cell to display "Text1"
    when windows is scrolling within row 2~100, and display "Text2" when it's
    scrolled beyond row 101, can I use such formula in A1:

    =if(GetCurrentTopRow() < 100, "Text1", "Text2")

    is there such a function?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Can I get current #row or #column in cell formula?

    use =ROW() to get the row number
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Ken Johnson
    Guest

    Re: Can I get current #row or #column in cell formula?

    Hi ryany,
    I don't know of any way of achieving this without using an event
    procedure.

    The following Worksheet_SelectionChange Sub pasted into the code module
    of the worksheet works.

    If ActiveWindow.ScrollRow < 101 Then
    Let Range("A1").Value = "Text1"
    Else: Let Range("A1").Value = "Text2"

    To get the code in place follow the following steps:

    1.Copy the above code
    2.Right Click the worksheet tab then select "View code" from the
    contextual popup menu.
    3.Paste the code into the blank code module.
    4.Edit the "Text1" and "Text2" strings.
    5.Return to Excel worksheet by pressing Alt + F11 or going File>Close
    and Return to Microsoft Excel.

    Ken Johnson