Can not open excel file xls. extensions

  1. #1
    cjshazen
    Guest

    Can not open excel file xls. extensions

    when I double click on the xls. file it will not open the file I have to go
    to view task pane and open it up there. None of the shortcuts open and same
    thing with the file in my flash drive. It as if it does not see the file but
    it is there. I have tried recovery, reinstalling office, is there something
    to set for automatic file openings.
    Where do I go to find this? Maybe it got corrupted? I can open other files
    like word, powerpoint. I just can't get excel to open the file at the folder
    location. I have been working on this for 2 days now and I am getting tired.
    Next thing I will have to pay somebody money so they can fix this problem and
    I am sure it it some type of setting.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Steve Yandl
    Guest

    Re: Can not open excel file xls. extensions

    When you double click a file from Windows Explorer, you're counting on some
    information in the Windows registry being present and correct. It sounds
    like you have a value that got messed up.

    Click the Windows start button and then 'Run'. Type
    Excel.exe /RegServer
    Press Enter or click OK.
    If you get a message that Excel can't be found, repeat the operation but
    type in the complete path to Excel on your PC followed by the space and
    "/RegServer".

    Steve Yandl

    news:[email protected]...