formule met ALS (formula using IF)

  1. #1
    Bart
    Guest

    formule met ALS (formula using IF)

    Hi there,

    I'm a beginmner, trying to use formula's for (almost) the first time.
    In colum A I have about 220.000 barcodes
    eg:
    Many of those barcodes are unique, but many more have doubles.
    By using data/sort, I sorted the barcodes, so that the double barcodes
    are standing side by side in the colum.
    Now I'm looking for a formula that picks out the stand alone barcodes,
    But I don't know how to create a formula like that.

    EG:
    If cel A2 equals A1 OR If Cel A2 equals A3, the two cells that equal
    should remain where they are.
    If cel A2 does not equal A1 and does not equal A3 it should copy itself
    another page.

    Can anybody tell me what to do?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: formule met ALS (formula using IF)

    How about using a different technique?

    From Debra Dalgleish's site:
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

  3. #3
    Bart
    Guest

    Re: formule met ALS (formula using IF)

    Hi Dave,

    This is not what I mean.
    By using this option (Filter unique records) I remove all the doubles
    and thereby I increase the number of unique records.
    I only want the records that are unique now in my list of records.

    Any ideas?

    Bart

  4. #4

    Re: formule met ALS (formula using IF)

    They show up exactly once?

    Put this in column B:
    =countif(a:a,a1)
    and drag down

    Then apply data|filter|autofilter to that column.

    The formulas that return 1's are the singletons.

    You can filter to show only those 1's and copy those visible cells elsewhere if
    you want.