Pivot table grouping problem

  1. #1
    slscanlon3
    Guest

    Pivot table grouping problem

    I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie:

    Year
    Group 2004 2005
    10 2
    10 1
    11 5
    11 3
    12 8
    12 10

    Why won't these rows combine and look like:

    Year
    Group 2004 2005
    10 1 2
    11 3 5
    12 10 8

    All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does
    not. Any ideas?

    Sheryl

  2. #2

    Re: Pivot table grouping problem

    Check for leading/trailing spaces.

    Make sure each is numeric (or each is text).

    Format the column the way you want (General?) and re-enter the misbehaving
    values.

  3. #3
    slscanlon3
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table grouping problem

    The column is coming from the same column in access, so the formatting
    is the same. I have tried reformatting from general to number and also
    to text... and I have also done find and replace on all cells to
    reenter the data, nothing seems to work.

  4. #4
    slscanlon3
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table grouping problem

    Redid my same steps... for some reason this time it worked!

  5. #5

    Re: Pivot table grouping problem

    Changing the format doesn't change the value. Maybe the second time, you
    changed the format AND changed the value.

  6. #6
    slscanlon3
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table grouping problem