Two paste options I'd like to see made easy

  1. #1

    Two paste options I'd like to see made easy

    I'd like to see two things made easier when copying and pasting. The way I
    work, I often find myself computing statistics for some data and then wanting
    to copy those statistics to a new spreadsheet. The majority of times that I
    do this, I'll end up with columns full of #Ref! errors. I'll either have to
    then go to Paste Special > Values, or I'll want to copy the formulas but
    still have them refer to their original cells (not change the cell
    references), which means I have to go back to the original formulas and put
    in a bunch of $'s. I'd like to see either see right-click options for
    these, or some sort of keyboard key that I can hold down in order to let
    Excel know.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Filipe Lopes
    Guest

    RE: Two paste options I'd like to see made easy

    I couldn't agree more!

    Excel should allow the option to Paste Special without updating the
    references and keeping the exact same formulas as the in the original
    (without having to turn the original into absolute ones).

    This is useful when replicating tables that use slightly different
    information sources but in which the bulk of the references are the same as
    in the original table.