Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

How refresh imported data automatically?

  1. #1
    Ronald S. Cook
    Guest

    How refresh imported data automatically?

    In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data..
    Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more
    automated way.

    Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?

    Thanks,
    Ron

  2. #2
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: How refresh imported data automatically?

    Ron,

    Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
    Range Properties

    Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking
    off...

    Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
    refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ronald S. Cook
    Guest

    Re: How refresh imported data automatically?

    Where is this "Refresh on file open" checkbox, please?

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ronald S. Cook
    Guest

    Re: How refresh imported data automatically?

    Nevermind.. found it.

    "Ronald S. Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Where is this "Refresh on file open" checkbox, please?
    >

    > "Beege" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Ron,
    >>
    >> Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data
    >> Range Properties
    >>
    >> Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs
    >> checking off...
    >>
    >> Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell,
    >> refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon.
    >>
    >> Beege
    >>

    >> "Ronald S. Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click
    >>> Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do
    >>> it in a more automated way.
    >>>
    >>> Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Ron

Closed Thread