Why loss of excel formatting in email attachment on Win platform?

  1. #1
    Steve Malicki
    Guest

    Why loss of excel formatting in email attachment on Win platform?

    Generated email with excel attachement retains excel formatting when sent
    from our UNIX SUN server, but the mso- directives seem to have no effect when
    sent from our Win 2000 server. The email transmission text is identical.
    There is no discernable difference in the email headers that are recevied.
    Could the <meta> commands in the email be causing the problem?

    Thx,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Steve Malicki
    Guest

    RE: Why loss of excel formatting in email attachment on Win platform?

    Determined the problem and all is working now. I needed to change the CSS
    styles by prefixing each with the html reference. That is, by changing .head
    (my heading formats) to td.head (for table detail line headings), etc...