Closed Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

PivotTable without data calculations?

  1. #1
    Roy Boelens
    Guest

    PivotTable without data calculations?

    Is it possible to make a pivot table that doesn't change the data? I want it
    to show the original data and not Count, Sum up ...

    The data consists of text and numbers!

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: PivotTable without data calculations?

    Hi Roy

    You can drag all of your fields to the row area, and not allocate
    anything to the data area.
    You will then see all of the original data going across the page, in the
    oder that you have arranged the fields in the row area.
    Double click on each field and set the subtotal to None.

    I use this as a quick and easy method of sorting out tasks, rather than
    sorting and filtering data.
    I have a Start Date column, Required by Date column, Task type column
    and Notes column.
    Getting the Required date field to be grouped by Month, then gives a
    nice orderly presentation of what is to be done and when. The filter
    buttons then allow me to select which, group of task I want to view.
    I just hide the columns on the sheet where the PT data would normally
    sit, so I don't see an empty rectangle.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Roy Boelens
    Guest

    Re: PivotTable without data calculations?

    Thats not exactly what I meant. Bu than anyway.

    This is how my data is stored:

    Item Organisation code Category set name Category
    129250AA 567 COO CA
    129250AA NL1 COO CA
    129250AA NLV COO CA
    129250AA 567 DTC 8481
    129250AA NL1 DTC 9032
    129250AA NLV DTC 8481

    I want it to be sorted like this:

    COO DTC
    Item A B C A B C
    129250AA CA CA CA 8481 9032 8481

    The problem is that the Pivot table hasn't got a option that only displays
    the text, it uses a calculation like SUM, or COUNT or something.

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: PivotTable without data calculations?

    Hi Roy

    The best I could come up with is

    Category Set Name Item Category Organisation Code
    COO 129250AA CA 567
    NL1
    NLV
    DTC 129250AA 8481 567
    NLV
    9032 NL1

    This was achievd by pulling all the filed headings to the row Area, in
    the order as above, then drgaiing Category to the Data area as a count.
    All Fields were set to None for Total, Table Options are set to No Grand
    Totals for Rows or Columns. I just hid the column showing the Count.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  5. #5
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: PivotTable without data calculations?

    That did not come out very well with the formattuing getting screwed up.
    The last column comes out as
    567
    NL1
    NLV