Import/Export Proble. Urgent

  1. #1
    axissm
    Guest

    Import/Export Proble. Urgent

    Hi Everyone,

    I have been asked to export a list from my database, which will later be
    imported into ACT! (version 6.0 I think). I have exported the requested list
    into a DIF format, which is the only format that I can export to. The
    address field is called Full Address and looks something like this
    Address1
    Address2
    City
    Post Code
    Country

    The whole address is exported into once cell and at the end of each line
    there is a square, which I assume marks new line.

    To import into ACT! we need to have the full address separeated line by
    line. For example Address1, Address2 and so on. Each line of the address
    into its own cell on the same row.

    Is there anyway we can achieve this using Excel or any other tools? I have
    Excel 2000 and 2003.

    Please let me know as soon as you can.

    Andy

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Import/Export Proble. Urgent

    Try File-->Save as, CSV. I would think ACT! can import it...
    I've never even heard of DIF format.
    And it also depends how your data is now. If it's all in once cell, then
    you're in trouble. Perhaps someone has a macro you can use to separate it
    out.
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com