HOW DO I PROTECT VALUES WHEN CREATING CLEAR CONTENTS MACRO?

  1. #1
    the holster
    Guest

    HOW DO I PROTECT VALUES WHEN CREATING CLEAR CONTENTS MACRO?

    I have successfully created a 'Clear Contents' button for a worksheet, so
    that a new form can be started from scratch. However, I need to keep the
    running balance from the previous week on the new sheet. If I clear the
    entries, the running balance will also change. What formula can I use so as
    to duplicate the true running balance total to the new sheet?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: HOW DO I PROTECT VALUES WHEN CREATING CLEAR CONTENTS MACRO?

    There is no formula that can reference amounts that are no longer in the
    workbook. Your clearing macro should append amounts you don't want to lose
    to a list elsewhere in the sheet.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...