I'd guess it's not a bug.

But maybe you're looking at the field and seeing a date and assuming it's
correct.

In a text file, 01/02/03 would look like a date.

Depending on your windows setting, it may even import like a date--but it may
not be the date that it's supposed to be.

I'd format those date fields in an unambiguous format: mmmm dd, yyyy
and then look to see if each field got imported correctly--not just as a date.