excel lookup, like access

  1. #1

    excel lookup, like access

    First of all, thank you to everyone in this forum, You have really helped me out.
    And since you guys seem to making my life so much easier, I throw out another question.

    I have to input a ton of data into excel. basically all RMA stuff.
    I have to put in...
    Item number (unique), desciption, price, quanitity, then a formula calculates extented price.

    I have another excel spreadsheet, taht i have actually just moved onto another sheet that has all the product id numbers and their description and price.

    is there a way to make a cell a look up cell, kinda like access, where as i type the item number it will suggest a match, and if i tab over will take all the info from the other sheet with the item info on it and input into the appropriate cells.

    the layout is pretty much identical between the two spread sheets.

    i think it should be fairly easy with a look up but i don't know how to make that look up dynamic, or like a select or combo box

    any ideas
    Last edited by trav; 02-21-2006 at 06:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Tom
    Guest

    RE: excel lookup, like access

    Hi Trav:
    Did you try doing the Criteria and Selection method that Excel has that kind
    of acts like a poor man's/student's Access (those who cannot affort M/S
    Office Pro?) It is much too much to get into, but look it up with M/S help
    and get back to me if still a problem. Thanks.
    Tom