creating a link to another sheet in the same file

  1. #1
    Justin Loreth
    Guest

    creating a link to another sheet in the same file

    I need to create a link from a certain cell, to a single work sheet in the
    same file. Can't seem to find out how. Any Help?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Boston, MA US
    Posts
    1,094
    Select the cell you want the link in. Go to Insert>Hyperlink. In the Edit Hyperlink box, select "Place in this document". You can then select the sheet you want to be directed to and the cell also. Type in the text that you want the hyperlink to display in the cell. Click OK. The hyperlink is now in your cell.

    Does that help?

    Steve

  3. #3

    Re: creating a link to another sheet in the same file

    Like a formula that returns the value in that other cell?

    select the cell you want to link to.
    edit|copy
    select the cell getting the link
    edit|paste special|click paste link.

    You'll see a formula like:
    ='sheet 99'!b27

    You may want to adjust the formula
    =if('sheet 99'!b27="","",'sheet 99'!b27)

    To avoid seeing 0's when the "sending" cell is empty.