How can I automatically rearrange cells to my specifications?

  1. #1
    Frederique38
    Guest

    How can I automatically rearrange cells to my specifications?

    I have data that is in three separate columns and I want to merge the
    information into one column where the information would be identical to
    reading it left to right in three columns. (Kind of like if I wanted to take
    a page from a book and stack all the words vertically while maintaining their
    order.) I'm trying to avoid simply repositioning each cell and was wondering
    if there was any way it could be done automatically. If anyone could help it
    would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    RE: How can I automatically rearrange cells to my specifications?

    Starting at row 1
    in column 4

    =A1 & " " & B1 & " " & C1

    copy down the page.

    Mark E. Philpot
    MacroSoftly - MEP

  3. #3
    Frederique38
    Guest

    RE: How can I automatically rearrange cells to my specifications?

    Thanks a lot for the help. I tried what you said and I guess I was somewhat
    cryptic but what I want to to is stack a column with the information reading
    (down the column) A1 B1 C1 A2 B2 C2 A3 B3 C3 etc. I have three columns and
    want to reorder the information in the three columns into one.

    Thanks so much for the other feedback and if you could help me with this
    solution it would be much appreciated.

    Frederique

  4. #4

    Re: How can I automatically rearrange cells to my specifications?

    Hope your data is arranged in columns
    Enter the same formula(ie)A1&" "&B1&" " &C1
    Drag the formula across columns to achieve the result
    If you want your results to be in rows,then repeat the above and use
    the transpose option in pastespecial

    For more queries e-mail to

    http://groups.google.co.in/group/answers-for-everything