list names in random order in Excel 2002

  1. #1
    John Murf
    Guest

    list names in random order in Excel 2002

    I have lists of names that need to be arranged in random order. Also the list
    should only re-arange on <F9> and not on <enter>

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: list names in random order in Excel 2002

    "John Murf" wrote
    > I have lists of names that need to be arranged in random order.
    > Also the list should only re-arange on <F9> and not on <enter>

    One way ..

    Assume names listed in A1:A10

    Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,RANK(C1,$C$1:$C$10))
    Put in C1: =RAND()
    Select B1:C1, fill down to C10

    B1:B10 returns a random shuffle of the names in col A

    Press F9 to re-generate
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: list names in random order in Excel 2002

    Replied to OP:
    Glad it helped, John !

  4. #4
    Max