how do you execute single line of code?

  1. #1

    how do you execute single line of code?

    i am troubleshooting some code i wrote, and it would be very helpful to know the command for running the code line-by-line so i can identify my error more quickly. thanks.

  2. #2
    Doug Kanter
    Guest

    Re: how do you execute single line of code?

    "honestlylion" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > i am troubleshooting some code i wrote, and it would be very helpful to
    > know the command for running the code line-by-line so i can identify my
    > error more quickly. thanks.

    While in the code editor, click on Help, start the help system, and search
    for the word "Step". That'll tell you how, assuming Excel uses the same
    terminology as every other programming language on earth.

  3. #3
    Andrew Taylor
    Guest

    Re: how do you execute single line of code?

    Have a look at the Debug menu in the VBA window: it shows the
    options and shortcuts, e.g. F8 to step through the code.
    You can also make a line a Breakpoint (F9), which will make the
    debugger stop when it reaches the line.