copy & paste, a NEW CONCEPT (from Outlook to... Excel)

  1. #1
    Brainless_in_Boston
    Guest

    copy & paste, a NEW CONCEPT (from Outlook to... Excel)

    how can I copy multiple Excel files from Outlook (all at once) into Excel?

    Is there a way to do this? When I right clik ONE file attached to the email,
    I can copy it, either using My Computer, or opening the directory within
    Excel. BUT, if I clik 2 or more, and try to copy & paste, it doesn't work. I
    have 16 files to copy.

    Also, why is it so annoying and hard to find a solution to this??? I've been
    looking online using microsoft "Help" (not too damn helpful!) for over 45
    minutes. Simple searches do NOT yield a solution!!

    I can copy them (as a group) as an .rtf file, as a scrap (!!!!), whatever
    that is, but I CANNOT JUST CUT & PASTE THE DAMN THINGS. WHY NOT???????????????

    I can't understand why I can't just cut & paste multiple attachments from
    Outlook to Excel (or any other application I want to use...).

    Any real help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks.

    Mark

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: copy & paste, a NEW CONCEPT (from Outlook to... Excel)

    Mark,

    In Outlook, use File / Save attachments, and save them in a folder somewhere. Then start Excel and
    open them through Excel's FileOpen dialog.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...