Excel Program Link Error?

  1. #1
    Neal Henzler
    Guest

    Excel Program Link Error?

    Client has some Excel spreadsheets on her desktop. Double-clicking the
    spreadsheet icon opens Excel, but not the spreadseet. The spreadsheet can be
    opened by using File, Open from within Excel. Same problem occurs when using
    Quickbooks - trying to use the QB Reports "Summarize Payroll Data in Excel"
    exhibits same behavior. Have removed and reinstalled Office XP Small
    Business, reinstalled all Service Packs and patches, problem continues.
    Help!?

    Thanks in Advance, Neal

  2. #2

    Re: Excel Program Link Error?

    Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
    the file in windows explorer:

    Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

    --- or ---

    Close Excel and
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /unregserver
    then
    Windows Start Button|Run
    excel /regserver

    factory defaults.

  3. #3
    Neal Henzler
    Guest

    Re: Excel Program Link Error?

    The first option fixed the problem. I unregistered/registered Excel anyways.

    Thanks!