Run-time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

  1. #1
    Nikila
    Guest

    Run-time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

    Hello all!

    Using Excel 2000 at work and periodically ("quite" periodically!) when I try
    to save/exit I get the Run-time error above. Our Help Desk here at work
    can't figure out what is wrong. Any ideas?

    Thanks so much.....

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

    Don't you get thrown into the Visual Basic Editor at the statement
    causing a problem by calling a nonexistent macro, function or addin.
    Check the arguments your using when calling. If tyou have an optional
    parameter you have to see optional in the subroutine's parameters.

    did you try searching Google Groups:
    Run-time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument group:*excel*

    If you identify anything you about what was changed just before
    the error started up and your version of Excel that might help.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Nikila
    Guest

    Re: Run-time error '5': Invalid Procedure Call or Argument

    Sorry - you lost me on your first paragraph! I don't know anything about
    Visual Basic - and no, I just get a popup box with the error and click "End"
    - don't get thrown into the VB editor. There is also a "help" choice, but I
    have not clicked on that. Nothing changed in our version of excel. I did a
    search on the subject on this site, but not Google - I'll try that.
    Thanks....