Spellcheck Macro Help

  1. #1

    Spellcheck Macro Help

    I am posting this here as well since this is the "Best Forum to Post"

    I am running the following script. It unprotects, runs spell check, and then re-protects. That portion works. It does not however allow for formatting rows once the macro runs. Any ideas why?

    Sub Spellcheck_Click()

    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="**"
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="**"
    ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
    , AllowFormattingRows:=True

    End Sub

    I ran a similar macro that made the row formatting work, but when I tried to add the password to it it would not reprotect with the password.

  2. #2

    Re: Spellcheck Macro Help

    Your code worked ok for me in xl2003. But I don't think I'd have two .protect
    lines in there:

    Option Explicit

    Sub Spellcheck_Click()

    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="**"
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="**", DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, _
    Scenarios:=True, AllowFormattingRows:=True

    End Sub

    Actually, when I ran your code, the worksheet ended up protected with no
    password.

  3. #3

    We have a winner

    Thanks for your help. I played around with having only one protect. this is what finally worked.

    Sub Spellcheck_Click()

    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="**"
    Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="**", DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
    , AllowFormattingRows:=True