Pivot Table - how to display PT Row field in column to right of ta

  1. #1
    Dennis
    Guest

    Pivot Table - how to display PT Row field in column to right of ta

    using 2003

    A Row field in PT is "Date"

    It does not show in the table but I can choose any or all dates from a
    drop-down box.

    I can create a presentation to the right of the generated PT, by using "=A1"
    referencing.

    How can I display "Date" in the columns to the right?

    The "Date" column is "D" one cell above the drop-down selector, but if I
    refer like "=D1" the correct value does not pull through.

    How can I get the "Date" to display to the right of the PT?

    TIA

    Dennis

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Table - how to display PT Row field in column to right of ta

    I'm not entirely sure I understand; you didn't say what does pull through,
    and whether the problem begins with the first equation (=D1) pulling in the
    header or only on subsequent rows pulling in the dates themselves. I'll take
    a guess that the problem is only on the dates themselves, and that what
    you're getting is numbers in the 38000 range. If so, it's just a format
    issue; Excel stores dates as numbers, where 1 is in Jaunary 1900. If that's
    the problem, just select the column and Edit > Format, click the Numbers tab
    and select a format in the Date category.

  3. #3
    Dennis
    Guest

    RE: Pivot Table - how to display PT Row field in column to right o

    The lable "Date" pulls through from the RC interection of the Drop-down box
    selector.

    As for the cells below, a "0" pulls through in a "General" formated cell.

    I did attempt to "Date" format but got a display of 1/0/1900

    Dennis

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table - how to display PT Row field in column to righto

    There may be blank cells in the date column, where subtotals are
    displayed in other cells of that row. If you link to the blank cells,
    they would return a zero.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List