Identifying

  1. #1
    WA

    Identifying

    How can I get the name, size and position coordinates of all the objects in an area (such as the screen) to be entered into a list.
    For example let's say we drew 4 shapes. A square, a circle a triangle and a rectangle. Then let's say I moved these objects around on the screen, resized the triangle and cut the circle.

    Now I need a macro that will identify the names of the shapes that are left on the screen and give me the sizes of each shape and their location.

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Identifying

    One way:

    Public Sub GetShapes()
    Dim vShape As Variant
    Dim i As Long
    With ActiveSheet.Shapes
    If .Count > 0 Then
    ReDim vShape(1 To .Count, 1 To 5)
    For i = 1 To .Count
    vShape(i, 1) = .Item(i).Name
    vShape(i, 2) = .Item(i).Top
    vShape(i, 3) = .Item(i).Left
    vShape(i, 4) = .Item(i).Height
    vShape(i, 5) = .Item(i).Width
    Next i
    .Parent.Range("A1").Resize(1, 5) = _
    Array("Name", "Top", "Left", "Height", "Width")
    .Parent.Range("A2").Resize(.Count, 5).Value = vShape
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

  3. #3
    WA
    Wow, that works superbly well. I'm amazed, I wish I could make this stuff seem so easy. I've searched the vba help feature for quite some time looking for ways to do any of that to no avail. Thanks a bunch for all of the frustration you spared me.