Imported Data: Replace Non printable character with a space

  1. #1

    Imported Data: Replace Non printable character with a space

    I have some alphanumeric data imported from a Database. If the user hits the "enter" key when they type the text into this DB, I end up with a 'square' ie looks like CHAR(10) within the text.

    If I use the Clean function it gets rid of it but I need to replace it with a space. I have also tried doing a replace, but can't "Find" the character

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Karen

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Imported Data: Replace Non printable character with a space

    Try this, Karen:
    http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=579
    Seems to be just what you need.

    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com
    Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
    Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hi Anne

    yes it's solved my issue

    Thanks for that

    Karen

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Imported Data: Replace Non printable character with a space

    You're welcome!