Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

  1. #1
    Jim
    Guest

    Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

    Hyperlinking to a range name works great until you sort the spreadsheet. Is
    there any way to make range names that stay in tact when sorted?
    --
    Jim in MD

  2. #2

    Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

    Maybe put the name in an adjacent cell and then reapply the names after the
    sort?

  3. #3
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

    Hi, if you are still there, think have found the answer. I combined a couple
    of ideas that seem to work:

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,$Z$1,1)),"P2") for downward link
    in document
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",OFFSET(A505,-1,1)),"P2") for up

  4. #4

    Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

    Glad you found a solution that worked.

  5. #5
    nastech
    Guest

    Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

    thanks, have been working on it alittle. Found somenting that might be good
    for up or down (1 link - 1 button).

    - item: (Mr. P) think I made a mistake on something in past, response
    more personal nature, if you want to send blank email to nasgentech @ yahoo,
    will reply. thanks

    minor problem, just trying to cut # of hyperlinks using, in half (up vs. dn)

    - item: would need to replace: row($A$20) with something more dynamic
    (trying to get 1 button that works for up & down in a hyperlink).

    This example works, but only if hyperlink is in the same line as: title
    line / where working.
    =HYPERLINK(IF(ROW($A$100)>=ROW($A20),"#"&CELL("address",OFFSET($A$100,$Z$1,1)),"#"&CELL("address",OFFSET($A$100,-1,1))),"x")

    Question: is there a way identify what "LINE" is currently in view / at
    top of screen / below freeze pane, for modifying: row($a20)

    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  6. #6

    Re: Moving rows with Hyperlink doesn't move hyperlink address

    I don't know a way of getting that first visible row under the freeze panes line
    using worksheet functions.

    And you can remove XSPAM from my address.