Excel files won't open:download Excel files

  1. #1
    Mason C
    Guest

    Excel files won't open:download Excel files

    I'm an old Excel user. Mine is Excel for Windows 95 version 7.0

    Now I download Excel files and they won't open. I assume newer versions.

    Is there a converter? I Googled with no success.

    Mason C

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    re: Excel files won't open:download Excel files

    "Mason C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm an old Excel user. Mine is Excel for Windows 95 version 7.0
    >
    > Now I download Excel files and they won't open. I assume newer versions.
    >
    > Is there a converter? I Googled with no success.

    You can get a Microsoft viewer that will read (but not edit) the newer
    versions, but the easiest (free) option is to download Open Office, which
    will read newer Excel files and can save them as Excel 95.
    --
    David Biddulph