subtotal - missing subtotal for last record Service Pack 2

  1. #1

    subtotal - missing subtotal for last record Service Pack 2

    I am using Excel 2003, recently upgraded to service pack 2. I have a
    macro that opens a delimited text file, I then copy all, paste values
    and number formats and then run a macro that subtotals a balance by
    change in every consumer.

    The problem is that when, upgraded to service pack 2, the last record
    does not subtotal, all other records do.

    I have tried copying only the "live" data after the marco opens the
    text file. Still the same error.

    I have tried pasting different ways - values, normal paste, paste
    values and number formats.

    Same thing happens - the GRAND TOTAL - ends up way on the bottom, and
    the last record is not subtotaling. It is as if it thinks there is no
    change in the record. Your help is appreciated. When I run the same
    macro on my laptop, ( not upgraded to SP 2) it works fine.

    Your help is appreciated.

    Kenlyn

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: subtotal - missing subtotal for last record Service Pack 2

    This perhaps

    Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in
    Excel 2003
    (831824) - Describes the problem where multilevel subtotals are in the
    wrong position, with some subtotals appearing above data and some grand
    totals are missing in Excel 2002.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831824/en-us

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: subtotal - missing subtotal for last record Service Pack 2

    Ken:

    Service Pack 2 was supposed to fix this, but it has not. Any other
    suggestions?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: subtotal - missing subtotal for last record Service Pack 2

    Sorry, that was my only shot :-(

    Regards