Help with application of custom format to entire column

  1. #1
    Sprinkman
    Guest

    Help with application of custom format to entire column

    Help !!

    When I'm using the format cells - number tab - categorie "custom" function
    to an entire column; I enter format codes (####-#####-#) then select OK
    button.
    The existing data (1234567891)(no dashes) does not appear in each cell
    within the column; not until I edit each cell (F2 or double-click) and hit
    enter does the format appear. How do I make the format appear without going
    to each individual cell?

  2. #2

    Re: Help with application of custom format to entire column

    I think your data is actually text. And just changing the format of the cell
    won't change the value of the cell.

    One way to change Text Numbers to Number Numbers is...

    Select an empty cell
    edit|copy
    select the offending range
    edit|paste special|click Add.

    You may have to reformat that range to your custom format.