How to keep hidden columns hidden using protection

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    How to keep hidden columns hidden using protection

    I am trying to hide columns on a sheet and not allow user to unhide them.
    When I go into a blank workbook and hide columns and protect the sheet, the
    hidden columns can not be unhidden. In the file I am working on, the hidden
    columns on a protected sheet can still be unhidden. I checked the format
    column box in the password protection box. All cells in the column have
    locked checked when you go into format cells.

    Thanks
    Dave

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: How to keep hidden columns hidden using protection

    Dave, when you protect the sheet make sure format column is NOT checked

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003