Change cell Colour when a number of days have been passed

  1. #1
    SR7133
    Guest

    Change cell Colour when a number of days have been passed

    I have a spreadsheet and am looking for some assistance to make a conditional
    format to produce the following:

    I will be entering dates in a column and then between 1 and 7 days an
    adjacent cell will show green and the words "Processing"

    Between 8 days and 14 days the adjacent cell should turn yellow and show
    "Check Status"

    If the period exceeds 14days then the cell should turn red and show the word
    "Overdue"

    I have tried a number of the responses in the threads but just cannot seem
    to get the proper result.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Change cell Colour when a number of days have been passed

    Say Column A contains the dates and B contains the conditional formatting.

    In B1 enter this formula
    =IF(TODAY()-A1<7,"Processing",IF(TODAY()-A1<14,"Check Status","Over Due"))

    copy down as needed
    select column B and select Format->conditional formatting
    Select "Cell Value Is" and "Equal to" and enter
    ="Processing"
    change the format to a green background color
    Select Add and do the same (except choose different colors) for
    ="Check Status"
    and
    ="Over Due"

    click okay

  3. #3
    SR7133
    Guest

    RE: Change cell Colour when a number of days have been passed

    Thank you very much for that - I have done as you say but there are a couple
    of points which I cannot resolve:
    1. The "over 14days" is not turning the cell red
    2. Column B shows "Overdue" in all the cells when there are no dates in
    Column A

    Can you advise how to resolve this please?

  4. #4
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Change cell Colour when a number of days have been passed

    1. Check that the output of the cell and the conditional format condition
    are the same. I accidently made overdue two words "over due". This might be
    where your error came from.

    2. Change your formula to
    =IF(A1=0,"",IF(TODAY()-A1<7,"Processing",IF(TODAY()-A1<14,"Check
    Status","Overdue")))

  5. #5
    SR7133
    Guest

    RE: Change cell Colour when a number of days have been passed

    Dear Sloth

    That did the trick - thank you very much for your assistance - much
    appreciated