Pivot Cache - Massive Spreadsheet

  1. #1
    West Australia

    Pivot Cache - Massive Spreadsheet

    Hi,

    I'm really struggling with a large spreadsheet I'm developing. It has several (dozen) pivots within the ss. I created most of them by dragging and dropping the previous pivot table. This seems to have been a good idea because the ss is around 8Meg.

    However, I wish to adjust the ranges on the pivots. When I do this the spreadsheet rapidly becomes MASSIVE. I suspect it's because Excel is duplicating pivot cache.

    How can I repoint all the related pivots at the same pivot cache? I've been trying to muck around in VBA but I can't even find how to repoint existing pivots (not sure if it's possible). I'd really appreciate some help.

    Thx.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Cache - Massive Spreadsheet

    There's sample code here for identifying and changing the pivot cache:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    West Australia

    Many thanks

    Worked a charm my spreadsheet has gone from a massive 150+mb to a slim trim 3mb ... Many thanks.

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Cache - Massive Spreadsheet

    You're welcome, and thanks for letting me know the results.